Summer breaks are about to end and kids from all over the world are preparing for the new school year to start. This thing is exciting yet a reason for worry and nervousness for some students. Students will be able to see their friends and teachers after so long but also have to face the challenges of the new term at the same time.
So, are you also a student going through the same feelings? No worries. As always, we are here to help you out! Below, we are sharing some effective tips and practices for students
to be successful in their new school year and achieve every goal they want to. There are no hard & fast rules; all you need to do is build up a suitable and well-maintained routine. Now without making you wait any further, let’s dive right into how you can do it!
1. Set Up An Efficient Study Space
Summer vacations can literally spoil you, and it can be extremely hard to be productive and disciplined again when the new school year starts. However, the new school year is not all about what you are going to do in school; you have to take some measures at home too. You will have to create an efficient study and learning environment to feel disciplined. Here are a few things you can do to become productive and organized again after the summer break:
- Tidy and clean up the study table or desk in your room every day before going to bed.
- Always keep all the study material and stationery near you so you won’t waste time looking for them when you need them. This will also give you a chance to feel disciplined and organized.
- Try to place all your study and helping material subject-wise.
- Make a list of all your targets and goals and paste it on your wall or somewhere you can daily see it.
- Keep your class schedules on your desk or somewhere you can see them daily.
- Make sure the lighting in your room is sufficient enough to study, read, and write.
- Place a comfortable chair by your desk so that you don’t feel tired while studying.
- Keep your study space free from all sorts of distractions like cell phones, tablets, television, other people, etc.
- Place refreshing decore items by your study desk or tables like flowers, scented candles, or posters with inspirational quotes.
- Keep a small notepad with you to write quick notes, reminders, or anything else related to your studies.
Following these tips will help you stay organized, and staying organized is what you will need to have a successful new school year.
2. Create A Weekly Timetable
Students should always move ahead with well-structured timetables and schedules. Timetables can help you stay one step ahead of your academics and complete all the tasks before time instead of stressing at the last minute. So, make a rough timetable in your notebook or in a spreadsheet. Mention all your classes, tests, assignments, and other tasks you have to achieve in a week with the proper deadlines mentioned. Moreover, following a proper timetable can also help you have enough time to follow extracurricular activities too.
3. Learn Time Management
Time Management is the key to a successful academic and personal life. According to experts, students can’t nail their school and college lives without having time management skills
. You need to assign specific time frames for every task you want to achieve. For example, you need to revise a concept from 3 pm to 4 pm, you will go out to play football from 5 pm to 6 pm, etc. With time management, you will stop procrastinating and complete all tasks in the given time frames. Time management also helps you to increase your focus. However, you will need to take the following measures to stay focused while studying and away from distractions:
- Put your phone on silent mode and turn off all notifications.
- Try to keep your phone and other electronic devices away from you while studying.
- Try to stay away from checking social media again and again.
- Close all the unnecessary tabs from your laptop.
- Try to delete all the applications you don’t use or that can act as distractions.
4. Stay Consistent And Dedicated
Staying consistent and dedicated to your studies is extremely important to be successful in your new school year. You need to constantly revise the concepts you are studying at school. In short, arrange study sessions for yourself to stay ahead of your exam preparation. Here are a few practices and things you can do to have an effective and super easy study session:
- Don’t have long study sessions. Study for 30 minutes, take a 10 minutes break and then start studying again. This way, your brain won’t get exhausted and you will be able to start with a fresh mind.
- Don’t try to multitask; it is not healthy. Move with the one-step at one-time motto to avoid ever-lasting stress and anxiety.
- Try to take notes of important points and formulas. The more you write things, the faster you will memorize them.
- Keep revising the concepts until exams, even if you think you know them by heart.
5. Class Participation
Being proactive in class is extremely important, specifically if you want to become successful in your new school year. Therefore, always make sure to participate in class discussions as much as you can, and ask frequent questions from your teachers to clear your doubts. The more you engage in class, the more your concepts will be clear.
Moreover, try to take notes of whatever you are studying during class. Taking notes of what you are studying also helps you increase your focus and concentration in class and memorize and grasp the concepts better and quickly. So, if you really want to nail your school year or semester, don’t be shy and try to stay proactive as much as you can.
6. Indulge In Extracurriculars
Being successful in your school year is not all about studies and academics; you need to indulge yourself in some extracurricular activities too. For starters, you can take part in any sports activity you like; football, basketball, badminton, etc. You can also sign up for creative clubs and societies. Apart from these, you can also take part in singing, music, or art classes.
Participating in extracurricular activities can develop essential life skills in you, give you a break from studies, keeps you active, and most importantly, looks amazing on your college application or CV. Also, make sure that you mention the extracurricular activities on your weekly timetable.
7. Prioritize Your Health
Your health should be in a top-notch condition if you want to be successful in your school year, or even your life. By health, we mean both physical and mental health. You should eat a balanced and nutritious diet at all times to keep your body and organs healthy. Also, try to get your 8 hours of peaceful sleep every night and exercise for at least 30 minutes in one day. These things will also help your brain function better and properly.
Moreover, you also need to keep your mental health in check by taking some time for yourself, every day. For this, you can read a book, watch a movie you like, spend time with your friends, or do anything that makes you happy and relaxed. If you are going through severe anxiety and stress due to academic pressure, we would recommend you go to a mental health professional.
8. Have Faith In Yourself
Self-love, self-faith, and self-confidence are extremely important to boost your motivation for a new school year. So, believe in yourself and have faith in yourself throughout the year that you can achieve your goals and targets. Even if you fail at one point, stay consistent and think that failures are a part of life, and they contribute a lot to achieving success.
Up till now, you have gone through all the tips on becoming successful in your new school year. In the end, the most important thing you need to do is work hard - because hard work is the main key to success.
Find Top Tutors in Your Area